PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
How to enter
- The entrant can enter this promotion by:
- completing the entry form at nextgen10.ae;
- submitting a one (1) minute video;
- completing the insight survey; and
- submitting the entrant’s idea as a written statement or drawing.
- All entries must be submitted by a parent or guardian of the entrant and with the consent of the entrant.
- All entireties must be individual entries and not submitted on behalf of a team or a school.
- The entrant may only submit one entry to this promotion. Multiple entries will be void.
- All entries must be the entrants own work and must be in English.
- All mandatory sections of the entry form must be completed in full. Incomplete applications will be void.
- No payment is necessary to enter this promotion online.
This promotion will start on 24 January 2021.
- The closing date for entries to this promotion is 30 April 2021 at 23:59. Applications submitted to us after this time (whether or not they were started before) will be void and will not be entered into this promotion.
- Judging will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
- The entrant must be a UAE resident throughout the duration of this promotion and be aged between 10 and 14 years old at the time of entry.
- The following persons are not eligible to enter:
- judges, employees or workers of any organisation directly involved in the operation or administration of this promotion; or
- members of their immediate families.
- Entries will be void if they:
- do not comply with these terms and conditions;
- are incomplete or illegible;
- are considered by the promoter:
- not to be the work the individual entrant; or
- to be part of an attempt to manipulate or unfairly influence the outcome of this promotion.
- We may ask for proof of age, residence or eligibility. Delay or failure to provide the evidence to our reasonable satisfaction may result in an entry being void or a prize being forfeited.
- Our decision as to whether an entrant (or their entry) is eligible for this promotion is final and we are not obliged to provide any reasons for disqualification.
- The prize is supplied by TEC Event Management and comprises:
- a cash prize of AED 20,000 towards the launch of the winning initiative;
- the opportunity to present the winning initiative idea as part of the UK pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai;
- at the discretion of the promoter, access to mentors and industry experts (subject to availability); and
- at the discretion of the promoter, training and accreditation for skills developed through the programme (further details will be announced at www.nextgen10.ae).
- The winners are responsible for any costs or expenses involved in claiming or using the prize other than those that are expressly stated above as being included as part of the prize.
- The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the supplier or other organisation connected to this promotion.
- If necessary due to circumstances beyond our control (including but not limited to any changes in local rules connected with the Covid-19 pandemic), we may (at our option) substitute the prize for a reasonable alternative.
- The prize is for the named winners only and cannot be given or transferred to any other person.
- The shortlisted entrants and winners of this promotion will be the entries chosen by a panel of judges (including at least one independent member) to:
- be the most relevant to the causes listed in the promotion overview above;
- demonstrate feasibility to turn the idea into real life and scalability to make a difference in communities around the world;
- demonstrate the best presentation skills, including the ability to talk through the growth ambitions and financial implications of the idea confidently;
- be the most realistic and clearly set out what actions need to be undertaken to bring the idea to life;
- provide innovative solutions;
- be original and not copied or in conflict with other existing ideas; and
- be well-researched.
- The decision of the judges is final.
Selection of the SHORTLISTED ENTRANTS
- Fifty (50) shortlisted entrants will be selected to provide further information regarding their application.
- We will notify the shortlisted entrants as soon as possible on or after the closing date using the contact details provided in the entry.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to make contact over a period of two (2) weeks. The entrant will be removed from the shortlist if:
- it has not been possible to contact the shortlisted entrant in that time; or
- the entrant is unable to unwilling to participate in advertising or video footage for the purpose of this promotion.
- Shortlisted applicants may, at the discretion of the promoter, have the opportunity to receive presentation training before progressing to the next stage. Such training will be offered by a training partner of HSBC Middle East Limited.
SELECTION OF THE FINALISTS
- Ten (10) finalists will be selected from the shortlist.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to make contact over a period of two (2) weeks. The entrant will be removed from the list of finalists if:
- it has not been possible to contact the entrant in that time; or
- there is a change in the entrant’s UAE residential status; or
- the entrant is unable to unwilling to participate in advertising or video footage for the purpose of this promotion; or
- the entrant is unable to attend the event dates set out in clause 3.
- The finalists must be available to present their initiative idea as part of the UK Pavilion at Expo 2020 We will notify the finalists of the relevant dates and times as soon as possible on or after the date of judging using the contact details provided in the entry. Subject to clause 12.3, we will aim to give finalists at lease two (2) weeks’ notice of any changes to the dates and times.
- Finalists may, at the discretion of the promoter, have the opportunity to receive presentation training before the Expo 2020 event. Such training will be offered by a training partner of HSBC Middle East Limited.
SELECTION OF THE WINNERS
- Three (3) winners will be selected on the day of the finalist presentations as part of the UK pavilion at Dubai Expo 2020.
- Where the prize is of monetary value, the winners will receive it on the day of the presentation by way of a cheque.
- We are not liable for any damage or loss to a prize caused by any third party. If a prize fails to be delivered, we have no obligation to provide a replacement prize.
Publicity and use of personal information
- We will use your personal information only in accordance with these terms and conditions and our privacy notice at clause 17.
- The winners of this promotion may be asked to participate in publicity.
Ownership and use of entries
- The entrant will retain ownership of all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in their entry, but the entrant agrees to grant us a perpetual licence to use it for the purpose of this promotion and for any other purpose connected to the wider publicity of Expo 2020.
- The licence includes the right for us to:
- edit or modify your entry (including resizing, adjusting the colour and adding elements such as text);
- adapt it or incorporate it into other materials;
- sub-licence it to third parties or companies in our group to use for the purposes described in clause 1; and
- republish it (or any version modified in the way described above) on any media anywhere in the world.
- You confirm that your entry:
- is the entrant’s own original work and does not breach any third party’s intellectual property rights (for example, by including a company’s trade mark without permission);
- is not defamatory, offensive, threatening, discriminatory, distasteful or illegal;
- can be submitted to us and used without breaching any contractual obligation to any person; and
- does not contain anything that may be confidential or commercially sensitive.
- If your entry contains photographs or video images of people, you must ensure that you inform them that you intend to use the material for the purposes of this promotion and obtain their consent.
- We may ask you for evidence of any such consent and reserve the right to disqualify your entry if you are unable to provide it or if we have doubts about its adequacy.
- You are not entitled to any fees for granting the licence and you are not entitled to terminate it unless we agree in writing.
- We will not be legally responsible to entrants or winners or guardians of entrants or winners for any losses that were not foreseeable to us or to you at the time of entry to this promotion or which are caused by a third party.
- We will not be liable for any costs or expenses (including any travel expenses) incurred in connection with entering this promotion.
- The operation of this promotion is conditional on the operation of Expo 2020 Dubai. This promotion may be cancelled and any prizes may be withdrawn without notice if:
- Expo 2020 Dubai is cancelled; or
- there are any changes to the date, timing, format or structure of any aspect of the event.
- All prizes will be subject to local rules in relation to Covid-19 at the relevant time.
Complaints and disputes
- If you want to contact us about this promotion or have a complaint, you can reach us by:
- phone: 045579114;
- email: email@example.com; or
- address: 2806 JBC 3 Building, Cluster Y, Jumeirah Lakes Towers Dubai
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Dubai and any disputes shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Dubai courts.
If you have any difficulty accessing or entering this promotion or you would like these terms and conditions in another format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By submitting the entry, you confirm that you:
- are the legal guardian of the entrant;
- have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them; and
- will ensure that the entrant will remain bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter of this promotion is TEC Event Management This promotion is administered by TEC Event Management.
- The promoter has full responsibility for this promotion. HSBC Middle East Limited accepts no liability for the acts or omissions of the promoter or any other supplier, organiser, partner or administrator associated with this promotion or the Expo 2002 event.
- References in these terms to “we” or “us” are references to both the promoter and the administrator.
- What personal information do we collect?
- We may collect personal information, such as name, nationality, age and email address from a guardian on behalf of an entrant as part of the promotion.
- We may use the email address on the entry to notify the guardian if the entrant has been shortlisted, won or lost the promotion.
- We will not keep the email address or use it for any other purpose.
- We may collect a guardian’s and/or entrant’s email address in order to respond to a request from the entrant on a one-time basis. In this case we promptly delete the email address from our system once we have responded, and we do not use the address for any other purpose.
- We will not collect other personal information from an entrant under the age of 14 without the consent of a parent or guardian.
- How do we use the personal information we collect?
- We use email addresses submitted by entrants in order to respond to the request or to notify the guardian and/or entrant if he or she has been short-listed or else not selected. We use the email address of a parent or guardian in order to provide the parent notice of our information practices or to seek the parent’s or guardian’s consent.
- We may use the name and nationalities of the shortlisted entrants or finalists for the purpose of promotion of the Next Gen 10 competition.
- How do we share personal information?
- We may share a guardian’s and an entrant’s personal information with third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the security or integrity of the competition, take precautions against liability, or respond to judicial process or requests from other governmental authorities, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- We also may share personal information collected from entries with vendors that perform services for us. These services may include hosting our website, providing technical services to us, fulfilling requests or administering this or other contests. We do not authorize such vendors to disclose the personal information we share with them other than as necessary to perform the relevant service for us.
- We may also share personal information collected with our partners, including HSBC Middle East and those associated with Expo 2020 Dubai and the UK Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai. We will only share information with these partners for the purpose of promotion of the Next Gen 10 competition. We do not authorize such partners to disclose the personal information we share with them other than as necessary for this purpose.
- Requests from parents/guardians regarding our privacy practices
- Parents and guardians may review personal information we have collected from their entrant that has not been deleted, and can request that the personal information be deleted from our records if it has not been already. Parents and guardians also may refuse to permit further collection or use of their entrant’s personal information, when the parent or guardians has previously provided consent. To do so, please contact us at the telephone number or email address provided above with your request.
- Who should I contact with questions about entrants’ privacy?
- We urge parents and guardians to regularly monitor and supervise the entrant’s online activities. If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at the telephone number or email address provided above.