Next Gen 10 – website terms
About our terms
- These terms and conditions of use (“Terms“) explain how you may use this website and any of its content (“Site“). These Terms apply between TEC Event Management and affiliates of TEC Event Management (“we“, “us” or “our“) and you, the person accessing or using the Site (“you” or “your“).
- You should read these Terms carefully before using the Site. By using the Site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with any of these Terms, you should stop using the Site immediately.
- The Site is provided by us to you free of charge for the purpose of providing information about the Next Gen 10 promotion and accepting submissions .
- If you enter the Next Gen 10 competition, separate terms and conditions will apply as set out here
- If you would like these Terms in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille), please contact us using the contact details set out below.
- This website is operated by TEC Event Management and its affiliates with a license to use the branding of HSBC Middle East Limited (“HSBC“). HSBC and its affiliates accept no legal responsibility whatsoever for the operation of this Site or for any content, material or information contained in this Site. HSBC has no liability for acts or omissions of TEC Event Management or any of its affiliates.
- We are a company registered in Dubai with license number 699748
- If you have any questions about the Site, please contact us by:
- phone: 045579114; or
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using the site
- The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site.
- We make no promise that the Site is appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the UAE. If you choose to access the Site from locations outside the UAE, you acknowledge you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws where they apply.
- As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree not to:
- misuse or attack our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful (such as by way of a denial-of-service attack);
- use the Site for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or sending spam;
- use the Site in any manner that disrupts the operation of our Site or business or the website or business of any other entity;
- use the Site in any manner that harms minors;
- use the Site to promote any unlawful activity; or
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site.
- We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with these Terms or any applicable law.
Registration and password security
- Use of the Site may require registration, particularly in order to access restricted areas of the Site or submit competition entries.
- We are not obliged to permit anyone to register with the Site and we may refuse, terminate or suspend registration to anyone at any time.
- You are responsible for making sure that your password and any other account details are kept secure and confidential.
- If we have reason to believe there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Site through your account or the use of your password, we may notify you and require you to change your password, or we may suspend or terminate your account.
Your privacy and personal information
- Your privacy and personal information are important to us. Any personal information you provide to us as part of the registration process will be processed in accordance with our “Privacy Notice” available at here , which explains what personal information we collect from you, how and why we collect, store, use and share such information, your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact us in the event you have a query or complaint about the use of your personal information.
Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
- The intellectual property rights in the Site and in any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or accessible from the Site (“Content“) are owned by us and our licensors.
- We and our licensors reserve all our intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, all copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind) whether registered or unregistered anywhere in the world. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and are free to use them as we see fit.
- Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site or the Content other than as necessary for you to access it. You agree not to adjust, try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site or the Content (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular, in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site or the Content.
- This Site contains trade marks owned by HSBC and other HSBC affiliates. Use by you of any trade marks or other branding on the Site or in the Content is strictly prohibited.
Submitting information to the site
- While we try to make sure that the Site is secure, we do not actively monitor or check whether information supplied to us through the Site is confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable.
- Other than any personal information which will be dealt with in accordance with our Privacy Notice, we do not guarantee that information supplied to us through the Site will be kept confidential and we may use it on an unrestricted and free-of-charge basis as we reasonably see fit.
- Any submission you make to this Site and any other communication to users of our Site by you must conform to standards of accuracy, decency and lawfulness, which shall be applied in our discretion, acting reasonably.
- In particular, any submission or communication by you must be:
- lawfully submitted and factually accurate;
- provided with the necessary consent of any third party; and
- not defamatory, offensive, obscene, discriminatory or deceptive.
Accuracy of information and availability of the site
- We try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, but we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on the Site is at your own risk.
- We may suspend or terminate access or operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
- Any Content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our products and news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest, but has not been tailored to your specific requirements or circumstances. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes. You should always use your own independent judgment when using our Site and its Content.
- While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use, we do not promise that the Site will be available at all times or that your use of the Site will be uninterrupted.
Hyperlinks and third party sites
- The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party advertising and websites other than the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party advertising or websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party advertising or website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third-party site and is at your own risk.
Limitation on our liability
- We are not legally responsible for any losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed.
- We are not liable to you if we fail to comply with these Terms because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- We reserve the right to vary these Terms from time to time. Our updated Terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such variations.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with us, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact details set out at the top of this page.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of Dubai. The relevant courts of Dubai will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to these Terms.